Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday-Super Hero Day

I feel very safe in the hallways as we are being watched by the super heroes!  We are half way through homecoming and today's dress day is Super Hero Day.  I see lots of Batmans, Supermans, and Power Rangers.  I could not find an outfit or shirt for super hero day so I am just dressed as a normal teacher.  Boring I know, next year I will do better.

In health today we did a favorite activity with relaxation techniques.  My cooperating teacher had a relaxation tape and we turned off the lights and listened to the tape.  Some found it funny, but a lot of them took the time to just relax in class with permission!

In Child Development we are watching a Discovery Channel tv show Curiosity and the episode is called "Life Before Birth" I bought it on Amazon for $1.99.  The description says "It's meant to be a joyous event - in reality, it's a gripping battle for survival. Using cutting edge technology, we go inside the womb and follow the story from conception to birth, showing how the struggle for life turns into the miracle of birth."  I was recommended this by my Iowa State advisor who said a past student teacher showed this in her parenting class.

Also in Family Relations we are still watching our movie.  I stopped the film with about 5 minutes left in class and tried to ask some probing questions.  I did not get the response I wanted so today I created a virtual classroom on Today's Meet.  The majority of the class had their laptops but for the ones who did not I made a sheet with some questions so they can write on them while watching the film.  Everyone wrote on the wall and had some good examples.
This is a fun new way to get conversation going in your classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment