Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

Friday Funday

Fridays are always a struggle for me because I am exhausted by the end of the day, and I know the students are anxious for the weekend.  I really want to try to get the students engaged or up and moving so it's not a dragged out struggle.

In child development it was really an improvise day.  We were sending out seven computer babies and I think they will be the death of me.  I can only charge 5 at a time and so this meant coming in early and trying to get the other 2 charged.  Well came in and realized one baby would not worked when unplugged from the charger.  This resulted me in calling RealityWorks and talking with Nate the operator who walked me through "baby surgery."  Well I could save the babies life so his new "heart" or electronics is being sent as we speak to the school.  So during child development I did an assignment so then while they worked I could also work to get the babies out.  I had them find the components of a strong family and they had to make a poster of why is is important, what it is, and how to achieve it.  While they created I met with each student who was taking a baby home to get the baby dressed, check ids, check bottles and blanket, and also double check that I got quiet hours figured out.  We had time to present our posters and I gave everyone who created a poster points for the activity.  The computer babies is a first for me and I am learning a lot, but I think I spotted my first grey hair because of it.

In Family Relations I had this plan where we would go through magazines and cut out advertisements and talk about how the media influences us to buy or do something.  Well the kids didn't really respond to this so instead of an all class time activity it took about 20 minutes.  This left me with a lot of improvising time.  I really need to learn on my time management in the classroom.  So what I did was played a a fun clip that introduced my next topic. DATING.  After we watched the video we talked about our negotionables and our non-negtionables.

Dating Video

No comments:

Post a Comment