Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Commons Duty- Saved by the Bell

Today was commons duty and my very first time and DRAMA!  I was standing by the door and there was a group of students and I was kind of hearing their conversation and it sounded like there was going to be a fight.  I saw the male student walk over and there was a conversation so I went to the male dean to say there might be a fight over there.  He went over and talked to the boys and split them up.  They separated and the group came back and stood by me again.  I kept hearing "Tell him to stop staring" "Look away"  I told the group to lets just separate and have a good morning.  The boy again walked back over and they were exchanging words and I stood between them and told them to walk away!  (I was thinking Oh my goodness my first day and there is going to be a fight.  How am I going to break this up? I need help!)  Thankfully the bell rang and the kids went there own way.  I walked back to class and was shaking with adrenaline.  My almost first high school fight as a teacher and I survived!   

No comments:

Post a Comment