Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bad Day

Today was one of the hardest days I have had student teaching.  I start at second period with my health class.  We started with finishing out triangle and it took a good half of the class.  After we finished with our triangles we started with the PowerPoint.  Maslow's PowerPoint  I was going through well and then their was some side conversations and they would not stop.  I kept asking and kept getting their attention but we kept having side conversations.  Eventually I had just had enough and told them to get out a piece of paper because we were going to have a quiz.  They all were grumpy about it but I said that if they would not stop talking and they were being disrespectful and if they want to continue we are going to have quizzes over what we learned.  I asked two questions that they should of gotten write and one really hard one.  The bell rang and I really felt like I wanted to cry.  I thought I was being stern but I just couldn't get them to pay attention.  Then to make it worse some kid asked when Mrs. (cooperating teacher) is coming back.  That really made me feel bad.

In child development we talked about spouse selection.  We talked about our wants/don't wants in our spouse and also in the father of our children.  A lot of the students talked about looks and we then talked about how some of our wants were not that important.  We then flipped it and talked about what we want in mothers or a spouse as a women.  This was about the same but the don't wants were a lot longer.

In Family Relations we talked about the stages of dating and the purpose.  I did this through a PowerPoint.  Purpose and Stages of Dating I gave them notes to follow along with Purpose and Stages of Dating Student Notes  I also had teacher notes Purpose and Stages of Dating Lecture Notes-Teacher.  This went well and we got some conversation going.

No comments:

Post a Comment