Search This Blog

Monday, September 24, 2012

AAARGGGHHH Matey

Today is Adventures on the High Sea!  This is my take on the Pirate!
Today is my first day of homecoming week.  I am excited and even dressed up as a pirate today. Today was my second official visit from my Iowa State observer.  I started off with health and we started a new chapter, Chapter 8: Stress.  We started off with talking about stress they encountered this morning and stress they encountered this weekend.  We then wrote down their top 5 stressors in their lives.  We came up with school, relationships, sports, work, and family.  We then talked about our reactions to stress.  We brainstormed ideas and ways people react to stress.  Stress can be reacted either physically, emotionally, or health-related.  We categorized each one in one of the three groups.  The class was very vocal and made great group discussion.

In child development we continued learning about human reproduction.  Today was the male reproductive system.  I continued using the same PowerPoint and printed off notes for the students to follow along.  Today attention was a little harder to get as they are doing homecoming dances.

Human Reproduction PowerPoint
Male Reproductive Student Notes
Male Reproduction Teacher Notes

In Family Relations we presented our PowerPoints.  The students did a great job!  I gave them open range of what they wanted in their presentation, but they had to answer the question, "Would you date this way? Why?"



No comments:

Post a Comment