Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Conquering Two Classes Now

Today I took on two classes.  I now have child development and family relations.  Along with taking on a new class I also had a visit from my college supervisor.  While I was very nervous for an extra pair of eyes to be watching me, but then the principal walked in!  Two for one special!  All was well and I made it through alive.

In family relations we went over genetic disorders.  We were supposed to have a disorder quiz, but I thought that I went over the information WAY to fast so we were going to have a little review.  I found a PowerPoint online and then just modified it to the way I liked it.

Genetic Disorder PowerPoint

For my first day of child development I took over a lesson my cooperating teacher was doing.  We are learning the stages of life (7).  I was having the class popcorn read the stages and then on the board we put up the most important key concepts from the paragraph.  I then created a "family" and we took them through the stages of life.  This was a good lesson and the responded well.  They are 25 students so every chair is taken up, and they are all girls so the means chatter chatter chatter.  They were able to have group discussion though, which I like.  Attached is my lesson with the family story below it.

Stages of Life Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment