Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Stir Fry!

We are in the kitchens!!! If you ever want to make your students excite talk about lab.  Before we let the chefs go off on their own we had demonstration day which was today.  Their first lab is going to be stir fry made with ground beef, zucchini, carrots, onions, and potatoes.  I attached the recipe!  Lab went pretty good.  There is one thing I need to work on though, the extra knowledge.  My cooperating teacher is so knowledgable about random kitchen things that she can talk on about them, where I need to write stuff down.  She said this will come in time!!

Skillet Stir Fry

Today in Family Relations we started our lesson about self-esteem.  It was a knowledge day so I presented a PowerPoint and a mini activity.  The activity was about positive self-talk which they did really good at (took me awhile!).  I ended about 6 minutes short again so we had some extra time.  I also need to work on those last five minutes of class to fill things up.  Attached are the PowerPoint and the positive self-talk worksheet.

Self-Esteem PowerPoint
Positive Self Talk Worksheet

No comments:

Post a Comment