Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Professional Development- An all day activity

Today we did not have school with the students but we had professional development ALL day. I guess I thought professional development was going to be meet for about 3 hours and the rest of the day was work time.  Boy was I wrong!  Starting at 8 we met in the library and then stayed in there until 11:30.  We broke for lunch for about an hour and fifteen minutes and then we were back to class until 3:30.  It was an all day event.  I was not mentally prepared for it.  It was very informative though.  We learned about mindsets and how there is either fixed or growth mindsets.  We had examples of each and how we might look at some kids as lazy, but really they do not want a challenge.  They have us some techniques of how to motivate and also about cooperative learning.  Overall it was not bad at all it was just not what I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment