Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

SPorts for the first time

Today was my first day for sports, also known as PE in America.  We were supposed to be inside and play basketball, but since we share the gym with the elementary, they had it occupied with a play.  Since this happened we went outside and played futball.  This was my first time playing but I held my own against the other girls.  A big difference between US PE and Norway PE is that the students in Norway always go outside rain or shine. 

I failed to do some research about this, so I do not have the best clothes to be out in the snow and rain running around.  I assumed that we would be inside the gym playing typical Norwegian games, but you know what they say about assuming.  The weather is starting to get worse so  I was thinking about buying some gear to be outside, but when I went to the mall the prices were just so high.  A water bottle was 35 US dollars.  I either need to win the lottery here to buy some more fitting winter clothes, or just hope I don't get sick. 

The kids are a little shy to talk to me, but hopefully they will warm up to me more once they start getting used to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment