Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

First Lab

Well today I administer my first food labs by myself.  We are learning about fruit and so I thought that the kids would like to make ice cream.  This isn't your every day kind of ice cream but ice cream that is only made of bananas.  I got this idea off pinterest and had tried it for myself.  Four kitchens made different varieties of ice cream, which were strawberry, chocolate, chunky monkey, and vanilla.  While the four kitchens did that I also had a group make fruit pizza.  Everything went really well except my last lab, where a kitchen unscrewed the blender and their ice cream went all over the blender and the counter.  I understand mistakes happen but this was infront of my Iowa State advisor and my principal!!  I knew it was a mistake and something I am sure I will deal with later on in foods.

Ice Cream made of Bananas Recipe and Fruit Pizza

In child development it was another work day for their prenatal development project.

Family Relations had their Break up and Love ladder quiz.  The students did good for the most part.  After the quiz we then did a brief lecture on love.

Love PowerPoint

Health started in the book about First Aid.  We made a foldable that had three pull down sections that were labeled check, call, care.  Inside the paper we listed the steps that you take in an emergency.  I am getting better with my health class and am becoming more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment