Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

It's Friday!!!!

This has seemed like the longest week to me in my whole life.  It's not a bad thing I just think my body really needs the weekend to sleep and get back in track with student teaching! Fridays are a good pace for me as I have lecture right away in the morning then we have lab and finish the day with sports. 

In lecture I had to introduce myself for the last time, and my teacher said by the third time I had really done a great job explaining things to my students in English.  She said I slowed down and used simpler words to help describe what I was talking about.   The students are just so amused by the driving ages in America!  We had lab with a different group today and we made fish cakes.  It is a traditional Sami meal and it was delicious!  We had a few kids gone so I helped a young student with his job and we spoke English and talked about movies, jobs, and differences in Norway than in America.  It felt good to finally connect with one of the students and I am sure there will be more to come!

It is snowing pretty hard right now and I am curious to see if we go outside for sports or stay in the warm cozy gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment