Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Night Folk Dance

Friday night we were invited to attend a dance in a near by city.  All week long there has been a folk music festival and today they were going to have a dance to teach traditional Norwegian dance.  When we got the concert hall we were the youngest gals there but it still made for an interesting evening.  We heard different chorus groups, bands, and even saw a professional folk dance couple.  We broke for a little bit to have coffee (Norwegians love their coffee) and cake.  After we ate we met back up at the main hall for the dance!  We started in a circle and we learned the steps to tradtional folk dance.  I don't know how to describe it, except for the fact it was similar to line dancing, but not really.  After spinning, waltzing, and stomping our feet the dance ended and we got rides home from a band member and also a teacher.  It was a new experience that I will probably never have the chance to do again.  I will saw I heard more folk music in a week then I have my whole life, and probably will ever hear.


Waiting for the dance to start

No comments:

Post a Comment