Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

FULL DAY

Thursday are my busy busy busy days!  I have lab from 8:40 until 2:15.  My teacher had a meeting in a different school so I had a substitute with me all day.  We made tomato soup with macaroni, and another group made rollkake with porridge.  The kids did a great job cooking, and I actually sat with a table of kids and ate with them.  There was some talk in English but most I just sat and listened to them talk. 

Today was the first day of snow in Rosendal.  The kids were so happy and excited to see snow it was shocking.  I am used to people hating snow, and they would be happy to never see it again.  Norway is funny how it can snow one minute, switch to rain, and then be sunny 5 minutes later, kind of reminds me of Iowa.  I learned that even if there is bad weather they do not cancel school or have delays.  Being so close to mountains I am sure the kids are more than prepared for these cold trips to school.  Europeans have tires that are studded with a nail like metal in their tires to get better traction on the road.  I have heard of chains on tires but this is a really good idea and I don't know why it isn't in the states. 

No comments:

Post a Comment