Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

First day at my Norway School

Today was my first day at my second placement in student teaching.  Our school is about 20 minutes from our cabins so one of the cooperating teachers picks us up to takes us to our school.  We leave around 7:30 am and we arrive around 8:00.  Our daily schedule is different than in the states, we start at 8:40 and ends at 2:15.  The teachers get a lot more breaks and are not allowed to give sanctions or what we consider detentions.  I wasn't sure how this was going to work but the students are actually very well behaved.  In the FCS room there are 3 kitchens and are a max of 12 students in the lab.  They have lab once a week and lecture for an hour also once a week.  FCS is required for all ninth graders, but after that it is not offered.  Also foods class is the only FCS class, there is no child development or sewing.

On Monday I had 2 different labs and we made Rollkake and Porridge.  This was my first time ever having porridge and I was pleasantly surprised how good it was.  Everyone I met has been so nice and so helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment