Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2012

Short Day

Today was the second day into my self-concept lesson and I decided today was a lecture day.  I created a Powerpoint Self Concept PPT and we talked about our self-concept.  It went well and the kids responded to it.  The activity in it was to rate yourself so we can see where their self-concept was.  It was rated as 1 is hardly true, 5 means usually, 10 means always.  I meant for this to be a scale and they could pick any number between 1-10, but they took it as 1, 5, or 10.  I need to work on better explaining things as sometimes since I created it I think other people will know what I mean.  After they calculated this we found the average and we saw that it was just a little or a half.  We then discussed what could we do with am extra 25% if we believed in ourselves.  Some discussion was had but it's a little harder for them to talk.  I need to work on my probing questions.  Overall it was pretty successful and for an early out on a friday of a 3 day weekend the kids did great!

No comments:

Post a Comment