Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

PLC Group

Day 2 down!  Today was a crazy day full of excitement, kids, and meetings.  We ran a three hour dismal so this means short quick classes.  We just did a syllabus type day and outlined the classes.  The day flew by and before I knew it 12:11 arrived.  After a quick lunch we headed off to professional development meetings all afternoon.  We started with our advisors group meetings.  Every Thursdays we have a special 20 minute class to meet with our advisor groups (I have juniors), and with this group we need goals and activities we will do throughout the year.  I had a similar experience in high school but we shall see how it goes.  After our advisor meetings we went back to the classroom to meet with our PLC groups.  Our PLC groups are made up of all the CTLT teachers and we covered the basics of meeting times and Perkin funds.  I am familiar with Perkin's money, but I am not one hundred percent sure on what I should use it for in my classroom.  This meeting was very helpful, but very overwhelming as I need to start about second semester already when I am really trying to get the most out of my student teaching experience and learn as much as possible.

Tomorrow is a new day and we are continuing to do introductions!

No comments:

Post a Comment