Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Time Starts Now

Welcome to my blog!  I am an Iowa State student majoring in Family and Consumer Sciences Education!! I am about to start my student teaching journey and I wanted to share it with you and also with myself so I can see myself grow and become the best teacher I can be.  Thank you for coming on this journey with me.

I will start my journey student teaching at a nearby high school in Iowa for eight weeks, and then I will be student teaching in Norway.  Everyone asks me "Why Norway?"  Well I studied at Marshalltown Community College for two years where I obtained my Associates Degree in Liberal Arts, and with all of my gen eds taken care of I couldn't find the right travel abroad study for myself until I heard about I heard about student teaching abroad.  I went to an international affair and the only abroad placement for Family and Consumer Sciences was in Norway, and I couldn't be happier.  I applied, interviewed, and accepted my student teaching abroad in Norway.  But before I leave I start right here in Iowa.


I've been studying for four years for this moment right here, and it's all surreal.  I recently moved back home with my mother to be closer to my school (45 minutes!), and with this transitions of leaving college and moving back home is a very weird place for me.  I am in a transition of leaving my college life behind and entering the "real world" as a working women who now has to worry about legislation, insurance, and retirement funds is a journey in itself.

The whole last week I spent time in the classroom getting familiar with the space, getting to know my cooperating teacher (love her), meeting other faculty and administration members, and organizing the classroom.  My official date started this past Thursday with professional development, but this monday I will be starting with the students.  The time has finally arrived!  Tomorrow I am officially Miss Bolton, Family and Consumer Sciences teacher.  I can't even begin to explain my emotions.  I'm nervous, excited, anxious, curious, and ready for the journey to begin!!!1

No comments:

Post a Comment