Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Book Pass Out

Today was the last day for students to switch classes and I think we officially have our class list (hopefully)!  Today again was a day to get to know names and start to plan out our beginning lessons.  I am at a larger school with roughly 500 some students; bigger than my 63 per class high school.  I find it harder to connect with the students as some of them haven't ever connected with each other.  Seniors don't know juniros, they definitely don't know the freshman, and I am not sure if they even want to get to know each other.  This is a very hard adjustment for me and I am not sure a big school is where I fit. Walking down the hallways saying hi to students and being ignored or asking questions and they just give you a blank stare and aren't engaged is very new to me.  I am trying to adjust and during the biggest change I should see a big difference in myself.  I am just trying to breath right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment