Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Presentations with a dud

As of now Family Relationsis still my baby and the class I have taken over.  Well today the students were to present their Growth Pattern presentation.  Well after a little struggle with the projector we were off to the most feared thing in high school, PUBLIC SPEAKING! Well it turns out presenting means lights shut completely off and face right infront of the computer.  Most were about as quite as church mice.  I need to work on getting the students out of their shells and not give me blank stares.  Presentations went okay, and after we did a quick review on our quiz tomorrow.  I wrote the three factos that make up your personality (heredity, response, and environment) and the six growth patterns (emotional, social, philosophical, physical, intellectual, chronological).  They were to either tell a personality trait that fell under the factors and why or give an example of how they grow in the selected stage.  Well I must not have taught it well because a lot of them did not know the answer or asked for help.  I am not sure if I am a bad teacher, they haven't warmed up to me, they're shy, they do't like socializing with other people, or the content is boring.  Tomorrow is supposed to be the quiz, but I might take half the period to really review and go over it.  

This just in!! We learned we will be having a two hour dismissal Wednesday and Thursday because unfortunately the middle and elementary schools do not have air.  YIPPIE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment