Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2012

Second Week Begins

My second week begins as Miss Bolton.  After having my first full week I know cherish weekends so much more!  We started out campaign for FCCLA today, as we put in our official announcement in the school announcements.  At the beginning of each period we took sometime to talk about FCCLA and some of the projects we could do.  Some students really responded well and I am hoping for a positive turn out.

Day two of my Family Relations take over.  We did a think, pair, share today over our growth patterns.  We had six groups with 3 students in each group.  They were assigned one of the six growth patterns: emotional, social, physical, philosophical, chronological, and intellectual.  They were given a rubric and  an outline of what the expectations were.  I had the computer assign random groups (they weren't to happy with that) and they started working.  I attached the powerpoint of what my expectations were and also the rubric which we went over.     Growth Pattern Rubric  Growth Pattern PowerPoint

I need to work on my time management.  I am used to writing lesson plans for forty minutes, and presenting them in ten minutes so when stepping into the classroom it is a hard adjustment to fill up that class time.  I need to have extra activities for those extra 10 minutes.  Teaching day two was beter but I still didn't see that interaction with students who were not friends.  This day was better and hopefully it will keep improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment