Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Got A Feeling WooOOOoo HOOOooooO

Today was a great day in Family Relations.  I felt some uncertainty from my students yesterday about whether or not they understood the lesson.  So today we did a review for out quiz tomorrow.  The quiz was supposed to be today but with our early out and school pictures students are in and out continuously. This is how my review went.

  1.  I first had the students name the six stages of growth. ( I wrote these on the white board)  
  2. I had pre made cardboard strips with the definitions on them. I read the definition and had them tell me which category it went to.  
  3. I taped up the definition next to the stage so they could see and read what it was.
  4. I then read through several scenarios that I made and we talked about which growth stage they would go under.  (see attachment)
This created conversation and we talked about how they can go under many different categories.  I had the main people speak up but I called on different rows and they spoke up.  Today I got some interaction and discussion and it went a lot better.

I am my toughest critic and my first 3 days went a little roughly and I was questioning am I going to be a good teacher? Can I do this? Is this to boring?  but today was better and hopefully it will only go up.

Growth Stage Review Flash Cards 

No comments:

Post a Comment