Search This Blog

Friday, December 7, 2012

First night in London


Once I landed in Stansted I took the train into the center of London where I had my first experience on the Underground.  It wasn't as scary as I thought as I had a lot of help but after two transfers I made it to my hotel underground stop.  Once into the London streets at night I had to find my way to the hotel.  I had directions but when I was looking for street signs I was looking at the top of poles as they have them in America, but I found out they posted them on buildings, so solved problem number one.  The next problem was walking through a dark alley to the next road.  It wasn't so much a problem as something I was a little afraid to do.  Once in the middle of the road I noticed I was in front of a catholic church and I would be safe the rest of the way as this was a sign.  I finally made it to the Rose and Crown. It was a nice hostel that was on top of a pub and restaurant.  I had three roommates and the pub was amazing!! The beds were so comfortable, the staff was friendly, and I even had a fridge and TV in my room!  My first night I had been traveling for over 12 hours so I called it a night and got some much needed sleep.
My room was the top on the far left.
The room was equipped with two bunk beds!  Luckily I had the bottom bunk.

While I was walking around I was so happy for these signs written on the road, because in London they drive on the opposite side of the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment